Authors Helping Authors end of Year 2017
Posted by Literary Titan
If American learned something from the Trump Campaign, the power of Social Media won an election. Why not capitalize on the lesson learned and begin a campaign geared toward Authors. Smashwords.com says “The first few days after Christmas mark the biggest ebook selling days of the year as millions of readers around the world unwrap their new e-reading devices and smart phones start loading them with new ebooks to read. Let’s help these readers read!” And what about all those gift cards for Amazon, Barnesandnoble, Apple iTunes and more?
As Authors, we can make the week between Christmas an New Years dedicated to Authors around the globe. Thic can become an annual Campaign for Authors. Here’s what I propose we do. First, I will jumpstart this campaign with this blog by posting it all over facebook via my Author page, on Goodreads , my webpage www.johnegreek.com and tweet on Twitter.
What we can do as authors/editors/writers/publishers, etc., beginning at 12:01 A.M. 12/26/17 through 12:01 A.M. January 1st is as follows:
- Tweet or Retweet an Authors tweet with his/her book link to Amazon, B&N, Apple, Smashwords, Goodreads, or others. Every tweet should start with: Author Helping Author –
- When that Author is notified that his book has been tweeted or retweet, he should identify the Author/person by name, go to one of the carriers listed, copy the link to their book and tweet or retweet their book. If the person tweeting is not an author, remember to identify and thank them by following them on twitter.
- Make sure twitter links are tied to Facebook, Instagram or Google+, only to name a few.
- Do not discriminate by genre or author. Retweet or tweet anyone’s book.
- If an author retweets or tweets your book, make sure you follow them. This is also a terrific way to build your twitter following. Do the same on Facebook, Linkedin and Instagram. Build your following.
- Make sure your tweets contain the following: The link to the Author’s book, your Twitter account name and your website/email address.
This can become an Annual campaign. Better yet, it can also become a Spring, Summer, Fall, Thanksgiving and Christmas Campaign. We can use the power of Social Media to build our Author following, increase our sales and increase our exposure.
Are you ready to begin… Authors Helping Authors end of Year 2017
it’s just about Mid-night 12/26/17 is around the corner.
Posted in Special Postings
Tags: amazon, amazon books, amazon ebook, author, b&N, barnes and noble, book, book review, books, christmas, donald trump, ebook, ebooks, editor, election, facebook, fantasy, fantasy book review, fiction, goodreads, google, helping author, home publishing, indie, indie author, instagram, itunes, john greek, kindle, kindle book, kindle ebook, linkedin, literature, new year, nook, novel, publisher, publishing, read, reader, reading, retweet, reviews, shelfari, smashword, social media, stories, trump, tweet, write, writing