The Sacred Choice
Posted by Literary Titan
Sacred Life shares your story to help set readers on a spiritual path to Awakening or Enlightenment. Why was this an important book for you to write?
Since a very young age, I had a strong interest in spirituality and wanted to be a healer. When I suffered traumas as a child and developed many psychological disorders as an adult, I have decided to devote myself to the study of the mind and psychology. By learning how to heal myself, I wanted also to help others in their own healing, and the universe miraculously helped in my endeavor by making my life a laboratory and a journey in healing and discovery of Truth. This book — which is a spiritual self-help guide written in the form of a memoir — is a result of this inborn passion.
What is the first step readers should take on their spiritual journey?
The first step is their ultimate discovery of their own divine Inner Guide within. It is the Sacred Choice that allows us to leave the ego that has been guiding our thinking and acting, which has led us to ever-growing conflict and suffering in our life. This is because the ego is based on the illusion of separation and it never works to bring us the true happiness that we seek other than fleeting feel goods, which are empty and meaningless. Sacred Choice happens when we value and want Inner Peace above all else having realized when we lose peace, we lose everything. By this core choice, our divine Inner Guide starts replacing the ego as the guide in our life. The Inner Guide is our spiritual Heart, and is the center for our direct silent Knowing, which when surrendered to, guides our thinking, deciding, and acting as well as our experiences. When we surrender to this divine Knowing, we are led by a universal Presence that bring peace, happiness and harmony to everyone involved and restores Meaning in our life. It is the only Truth there is, and the One that truly works to bring what we deeply want!
What were some ideas that were important for you to explore in this book?
There are several revolutionary ideas that emerged throughout the 25 years that prepared the grounds for this book:
1) We are not a mortal body with a limited intellect based on the brain, but what we truly are is a Mind (or Consciousness) that is eternal and infinite.
2) While the intellect is personal, the mind is universal in essence, and is nonlocal (beyond time and space).
3) We do not exist in the world, but the world arises in our universal mind as mentations (universal thoughts), which collapse into energies when observed. And thus Einstein was right in asserting that matter is energy, yes, but what he missed to reveal is that energy is a mentation (universal thought). (And that makes Carl. G. Jung wiser in my book since he came closer to the idea of a collective universal mind.)
4) As we — nonlocal mind/consciousness — are the creator of the world, what we experience is merely the outward picture of the inward state of our mind. And thus, the world is the effect, but the true cause is the mind. Therefore, TRUE HEALING is always in the mind, and not in the intellect, or in the body/world. Traditional psychology and medicine fails as a result of this, and can best treat the symptoms.
5) Unlike how we seem to experience it, our CHOICE (or FREE WILL) does not reside in our thinking (intellect) or acting (body/world), but the only true choice we have is the choice we have in the mind, choosing our guide between the ego (felt as conflict) and the divine Inner Guide (felt as inner peace). The former acts based on thinking without knowing, whereas the latter acts based on direct Knowing, which then guides thinking, deciding, and acting.
6) The ultimate choice in the mind is then at the level of feelings of energies: between inner peace and conflict. There is no other choice. Once this choice is made, all our consequent thinking, deciding, and acting as well as experiencing happens according to the laws set by the thought system of our guide, and all our our perceived subsequent choices at the level of the world/body/intellect are mere illusions.
7) While choosing conflict in our mind makes us unhappy and lost in an imaginary separate world of our own making, only our choice for Inner Peace heals us, bringing true wholeness based on unity of Being/Truth and thus makes us truly happy.
What do you hope is one thing readers take away from your book?
I hope and trust readers can save time, hopefully years, in their own healing so they don’t have to reinvent the wheel, so to say, by benefiting from my life experiences of suffering and recovery, as well as the valuable realization and revelations that has emerged from my spiritual teacher and my Inner Guide throughout the years of my ceaseless devotion to divine Truth and Healing.
About Literary TitanThe Literary Titan is an organization of professional editors, writers, and professors that have a passion for the written word. We review fiction and non-fiction books in many different genres, as well as conduct author interviews, and recognize talented authors with our Literary Book Award. We are privileged to work with so many creative authors around the globe.
Posted on July 14, 2021, in Interviews and tagged author, author interview, Bedri Cag Cetin Ph.D., book, book recommendations, book review, book reviews, book shelf, bookblogger, books, books to read, ebook, goodreads, kindle, kobo, literature, nook, novel, personal transformation, read, reader, reading, Sacred Life: Healing from the Virus in Consciousness, self help, spirituality, story, writer, writing. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.